So why should you choose us, especially when there are less expensive Ketamine clinics in the region?
It is not always a good idea to choose the lowest bidder. Certainly, when you are talking about your mental health, you should choose a provider who will take care of you as if you were family. At Boulder Mind Care, we have a strict moral code, and will care for you as we would want ourselves or our loved ones cared for. Read some of the testimonials on our website to see how our approach is received by our patients. The mother of one of our patients, a high school student with severe depression, had this to say: “The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ applies to Ketamine therapy too. It is worth every penny to receive such great care.”
From 2017, when we first opened our doors as the first Ketamine Infusion Therapy practice in Boulder, our mission has been to provide the highest possible quality of care, comfort, and therapeutic efficacy. We believe in evidence-based, state-of-the-art, individualized care. You will always have a private room and serene setting with us. We do not overbook or rush our sessions with you. We treat you as the unique, individual human being that you are, not a widget.
Ultimately, you get what you pay for.
- Some clinics are relatively cheap, emphasizing quantity over quality.
- Some do not thoroughly evaluate patients before starting Ketamine infusions, thus putting those patients at risk for medical and/or psychological complications.
- Some do not give intravenous Ketamine, which is the “Gold Standard” and the most precise, controllable, and effective route of administration.
- Some clinics give IV Ketamine, but give the same dose to every patient for every infusion, such as 0.5 mg/kg over 40 minutes. This results in a lower success rate or treatment efficacy compared to our approach, which is to individualize the dose, based on several factors. This last is one of the key reasons why we achieve significant symptom reduction in over 85% for our Treatment-Resistant Depression patients, in contrast to the 70% or less seen with the “cookbook approach” clinics.
- Some clinics only provide Ketamine. At no additional charge, we administer a number of other medications when appropriate, such as oxygen, medications for anxiety, medications for blood pressure, medications for nausea, medications to augment the Ketamine itself, etc. In addition, for a fee, we provide a variety of IV therapy wellness micronutrients, vitamins, and supplements. See our IV therapy services page for details.
- Some treat multiple patients at the same time in the same large room.
- Some do not monitor their patients continuously, or even frequently, during their infusions. If a patient has a sudden psychological or medical side-effect, for example a spike in anxiety, or nausea, or elevated blood pressure, it is important to identify and treat it promptly. This is why close monitoring is so important.
- Some clinics have minimal follow-up to assess their patients’ response to Ketamine therapy. Along with the usual methods of communication, we utilize Osmind’s sophisticated app-based monitoring program to follow your response and progress after each infusion, along with brief patient surveys. Such Measurement-Based Care (MBC) consistently enhances Ketamine therapy’s effectiveness, efficiency, and improves patient satisfaction, outcomes, as well as adherence to the treatment plan.
- Some use inexperienced medical assistants to perform duties that should be done by nurses, physicians, or physician’s assistants.
- Some of these clinics even misrepresent their level of care in their website, and in their marketing, promising more than they deliver.
If the price still feels insurmountable, here are some additional options that some of our patients find useful:
- We have partnered with CareCredit, which enables you to spread out the cost of your initial series of infusions into low monthly installments. To apply, click here.
- Even though Ketamine for mental health is not officially covered by insurance companies, many will pay you back for part of the cost of your infusions. In Colorado, some insurance companies have sent checks to patients for as much as 65% of their out-of-pocket costs spent on Ketamine infusions for mood disorders. Upon request, we will provide you with a “superbill” which is essentially a receipt for medical services. You can then submit the superbill to the insurance company; or even better, take advantage of our partnership with Osmind. With the Osmind app, you just snap a picture of the superbill, and spend about two minutes to input information into the app — and Osmind takes care of the rest! No need for snail mail, faxing, or the insurance company pretending it lost the claim. Osmind will optimize your claim for fast, out-of-network health insurance reimbursement and help you get more money back, faster. To learn more, click on this link.
- Another option many of our patients use is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Healthcare Spending Account (HSA). You can take pre-tax dollars and use that budget to pay for the treatments. An FSA or HSA is a great way to utilize money from your paycheck, that is put into a specific account for healthcare expenditures before taxes are taken out. In other words, instead of paying for Ketamine treatments with “after tax” dollars, you’re using “pre-tax” dollars to pay for Ketamine treatments, which will give most people about a 40% discount.
- Ask for support from friends and family – those who love you want to see you happy, and asking for support allows those closest to you to stand with you in your healing journey.
- Veterans who are suicidal are eligible for free Ketamine infusions, through the charitable organization The Ketamine Fund. Go to The Ketamine Fund for details.
- In addition to our standard 10% discount for veterans, first responders, and healthcare professionals, we provide reduced infusion fees for select patients in need, through an income-based sliding scale program. If finances are a concern for you, give us a call at (303) 823-4882. Within your financial constraints, we will work with you to find a solution so that we can provide you the highest quality Ketamine infusion therapy services, for which we are renowned.
You are worth it! You deserve to “Love your life”!